Play video content Exclusive 1/6/21 Storyful 3:55 PM PT — It was just announced that U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund will resign, effective January 16. The U.S. Capitol Police Dept. may have been able to thwart Wednesday’s attempted coup if it had all hands on deck, but we’ve learned they had less than ONE-QUARTER of the force working … despite multiple, clear warnings the protest could turn violent. Capitol Police sources tell TMZ … 500 officers were working Wednesday as President Trump revved up the huge crowd of his supporters upset over the election results — giving them their marching orders with the Capitol as the final destination. Trump has been dog-whistling for weeks now, promising something big would happen on January 6. With that backdrop, the Capitol Police are 2,200 strong, yet only 500 were on duty. The way it works in most police departments around the country … when there’s the possibility of social unrest it’s all hands on deck. That did not happen here. Gallery Launch Gallery Getty Our source says the police believed they had enough staff to contain any unrest … by setting up barricades and locking up the 3 House office buildings –… Read full this story
- Texas pool party cop Eric Casebolt resigns, was 'out of control,' chief says
- Plainclothes officers in trouble - didn't recognize off-duty chief
- 3 Fort Lauderdale cops fired, 1 resigns, over racist texts and video
- Racial slur? So what! Two police officers say black chief didn't care
- JUNKIE CRACKS U.S. CAPITOL SECURITY
- Who's paying that off-duty Cincinnati cop? It might be you, the taxpayer
- Line Of Duty, by Jim Shelley
- Florida cop fired for racist Facebook post — just months after 4 colleagues dismissed, resigned for intolerant remarks
- Questions we needed answering after Line Of Duty, by Jim Shelley
- Cincinnati police officers worked off-duty at site of Cameo shooting for months prior
- Line of Duty season 5 spoilers: Ted Hastings' NOT ‘H’ as red herring exposed in this clue?
- Cops went over top. Apology for T-shirt fray
Capitol Police Only a Fraction of Cops On Duty, Chief Resigns have 319 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.