TORONTO — Even members of his own party say Canada’s Conservative leader is bland. They tout it as a virtue, the antidote to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s flash and star power, and they’re counting on this very quality to help Andrew Scheer defeat Trudeau’s Liberal Party in national elections Monday. “Andrew is what I call a severely normal Canadian,” said Jason Kenney, Alberta’s conservative premier and the godfather of one of Scheer’s five kids. “His personality is the opposite of Justin’s. Andrew is not at home naturally preening for the cameras.” In the words of Canada’s former Conservative foreign minister, John Baird: “He’s not the sizzle, he’s the steak.”Polls show Scheer has a chance to defeat the Liberals after a combination of scandals and high expectations damaged Trudeau’s prospects.”His entire career he’s been underestimated, and I would never underestimate Andrew Scheer,” Baird said.Trudeau faces an uphill electoral battle after old photos of him in blackface and brownface surfaced last month, casting doubt on his judgment. The handsome son of liberal icon and late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau also was hurt by a scandal that erupted earlier this year, when his former attorney general said he pressured her to halt the prosecution… Read full this story
- May claims EU second referendum would threaten 'social cohesion'
- The Political Urgency Of Facial Feminization Surgery
- The Case For Facial Feminization Surgery
- Coronavirus live updates: California delays start of all high school sports seasons
- Coronavirus live updates: California averages a “devastating” 91 deaths a day, Newsom says
- Coronavirus live updates: 12 dead, 127 infected in outbreak at Walnut Creek nursing home:
- Coronavirus live updates: 12 dead, 127 infected in Walnut Creek nursing home outbreak
- Coronavirus live updates: 12 dead, 130 infected in Walnut Creek nursing home outbreak
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump threatens coronavirus funds for states easing voting
- India's top wildlife parks
- Trump vs. Biden: Where they stand on health, economy, more
- Walmart used to be a haven for RV parking, but more stores won't allow it
Canadas Conservatives offer bland option to Trudeaus flash have 335 words, post on www.daytondailynews.com at October 20, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.