The article said Vietnam has been loosening quarantine measures since late April. Patient 91, a 43-year-old British pilot, is on life support in a hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, and saving him has become a national priority. His condition deteriorated to the point that he was left with only 10-percent lung capacity. Canada’s Globe and Mail newswire has praised Vietnam’s COVID-19 fighting. (Photo for illustrastion: NDO) It stressed that Vietnam’s success was no accident. Its 1,450km border with China and frequent visitors from Wuhan, the site of the original outbreak in December and January, meant that Vietnam could have been overrun with cases. But it acted fast and did not wait for official warnings from the World Health Organization (WHO) before it closed its borders, locked down its economy and launched mass testing, tracing and quarantine measures. Guy Thwaites, a professor of infectious diseases and Director of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam, said the country swung into action early because it was well aware of the dangers of unchecked infectious diseases. In the past 20 years, it has suffered from outbreaks of SARS, avian influenza, measles, dengue fever and hand-foot-and-mouth disease, which attacks young children. “The… Read full this story
- Nine Things to Know About the New U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement
- Could Vietnam be the biggest winner from US-China trade war?
- Chinese Ambassador: Canada Guilty of ‘Western Egotism and White Supremacy’
- Canada blames US for Huawei CFO arrest backlash that left 2 citizens in Chinese prison and a 3rd on death row
- No Deal! Trade Talks with Canada Conclude for the Week with No Agreement
- China accuses Canada of ‘white supremacy’ over the detention of Huawei CFO
- Climate Barbie Warns: Global Warming Is Targeting Canada
- World View: Canada Arrests the Chief Financial Officer of China Powerhouse Huawei
- Canada: Trudeau’s Poll Numbers Collapse Six Months Before Election
- Canada Mosque Loses Charitable Status Over Speakers Endorsing Suicide Bombing, Murdering Homosexuals
- Google Photo books now available in Canada, starting at $17.99
- [Update: France, Spain, Russia too] Google One's storage plans start rolling out in the UK and Canada
Canada newswire: Vietnam – standard in COVID-19 fight have 354 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.