A start-up business showcases its products on the sidelines of a conference in Cần Thơ on Friday. VNA/VNS Photo Ánh Tuyết HCM CITY — Developing an innovative entrepreneurial eco-system and attracting participants to it were among the topics discussed at a seminar in Cần Thơ on Friday. Vũ Minh Hải, director of the city Department of Science and Technology’s Science and Technology Information Centre, said Cần Thơ had the basic components required for an innovative start-up eco-system such as 18 institutes and schools, 89,000 students and 15 start-up support organisations. He added that there are three shortcomings in the innovative entrepreneurial eco-system in Cần Thơ in particular and the country in general: poor start-up culture (fear of risks or failure), lack of key stakeholders (advisors, investors and others) and weak internal and external co-operation and linkages resulting in a lack of start-ups with innovative and breakthrough ideas. Cần Thơ has a programme to support innovative start-ups in 2017 – 20 with a total budget of VNĐ14.8 billion (US$637,711). It focuses on communication to change the mindset and entrepreneurship culture, training to help start-ups improve their entrepreneurial capacity and offering support to selected start-ups in terms of facilities, equipment, management… Read full this story
- Canada vows to help Can Tho in agriculture, health care, environment
- Thanh Hoa authorities discuss Tho Xuan Airport planning revision
- Seoul discusses climate change at UN COP25
- Forest Green Rovers build 'world's first wooden stadium'
- Affordable Housing Community to Discuss Future of RAD Program, Public Housing Stock
- Conference adopts Hanoi Call for Action on early childhood development
- Smartphone use, internet access critical to building ‘smart’ HCM City
- Report: Hugh Freeze visited Alabama’s football building Monday
- Indian growth story based on strong eco fundamentals: Ambassador Shringla
- Andrew Forrest to convert Ningaloo Reef site into luxury eco-tourism resort under $100 million plan
- Tech experts to discuss digital transformation at Nerds Unite conference
- Eco-friendly lightbulbs make me look orange, says Donald Trump: President vows to roll back environmental regulations that mean 'you have to flush the toilet 10 to 15 times'
Cần Thơ conference discusses building an entrepreneurial eco-system have 331 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 28, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.