Exports shrink to lowest in first half of May Exports totalled 8.22 billion USD in the first half of May, the lowest recorded on a fortnightly basis since the beginning of this year excluding the last two weeks of January when the Tet holiday took place. According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, sharp declines have been seen in a number of key export items, such as phones and parts, down 16.9 percent, and machinery, tools and components, down 14.5 percent. Meanwhile, imports rose 1.9 percent to 9.2 billion USD during the period. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused disruptions to global supply chains, considerably affecting Vietnam’s import and export import activities, the ministry said. Foreign trade will bounce back in the second half of 2020 if the disease is brought under control by the end of the second quarter, it added./. Vietnam – emerging tiger in Asia: Egyptian media In the economic aspect, The Egyptian Gazette noted Vietnam is viewed as an emerging tiger in Asia with a GDP growth rate of over 7% in 2019, annual per capita income approximating US$2,800, and household poverty rate brought down to 1.45%. Regarding the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the newspapers said the… Read full this story
- Ingredients to close five years after making headlines as the country’s first ‘zero-waste’ grocery store
- Seventh annual Jazz Weekend to feature 27 live jazz performances
- Beyond fake news? Facebook to fact check photos, videos
- Brazil business community rallying around rightist
- Busy Philipps Has Flourished by Being Herself
- Images: Burt Reynolds, 1936-2018
- Illegal immigrant indicted on murder in Nassau County deputy's death
- 2 county commissioners support passenger-rail effort for Berks
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Supreme showdown set for Kavanaugh, accuser; DOJ asked to probe John Kerry's 'shadow diplomacy'
- Brazil museum fire sparks soul searching about spending
- Entrepreneurs’ Connection picks a project to help Reading community
- Plan to beef up security at Berks County buildings carries $1.64 million price tag
BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 27 have 303 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.