NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet England reached 67 for 0 at Lunch on Day 1 © Getty England’s openers navigated New Zealand’s attack with ease in the morning session of the second Test as Rory Burns and Dom Sibley went to Lunch on 67 for 0 in Birmingham. It was the first time since 2011 that an England opening pair batted out an opening session of a home Test. England opted to bat, making one chance to their side, bringing in Olly Stone for Ollie Robinson, while New Zealand made as many as six. Being led by Tom Latham in the absence of Kane Williamson, New Zealand ensured the scoring was tough for the English batsmen in the first hour of play. The batsmen, however, did well to play out the trio of Trent Boult, Matt Henry and Neil Wagner. The ball didn’t swing too much, and whatever they managed to extract, the batsmen handled well. There were the odd plays and misses, but no solid chance offered. In the second hour, though, England attacked and switched gears as the pair began finding the boundaries often to bring up the fifty-run… Read full this story
- The Temple: Where Burning Man’s soul goes up in flames
- Will Burning Man return to its roots? Ticket registration starts today, with some twists
- Catherine Tyldesley ‘might burn some of Eva’s bras’ as she leaves Corrie
- Friends bring prom to Illinois girl burned in fire pit explosion
- Home Comforts: 10 Things British Expats Miss
- Crocheted octopi comfort preemies in hospital NICU
- Which travel trend is making a comeback?
- This sculpture of Owen Wilson's nose will totally make you say ‘wow!'
- The Top Ten Differences Between Burning Man and Midburn • Alex in Wanderland
- What the %&* Is Midburn? A Review of Israel's Regional Burn • Alex in Wanderland
- Carr Fire update: Blaze burns over 95,000 acres, death toll rises to six
- Shocking moment fireworks start deadly inferno at Bucharest heavy metal concert that left at least 27 dead in Halloween horror
Burns, Sibley make comfortable start in Edgbaston have 327 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.