NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet England reached 67 for 0 at Lunch on Day 1 © Getty England’s openers navigated New Zealand’s attack with ease in the morning session of the second Test as Rory Burns and Dom Sibley went to Lunch on 67 for 0 in Birmingham. It was the first time since 2011 that an England opening pair batted out an opening session of a home Test. England opted to bat, making one chance to their side, bringing in Olly Stone for Ollie Robinson, while New Zealand made as many as six. Being led by Tom Latham in the absence of Kane Williamson, New Zealand ensured the scoring was tough for the English batsmen in the first hour of play. The batsmen, however, did well to play out the trio of Trent Boult, Matt Henry and Neil Wagner. The ball didn’t swing too much, and whatever they managed to extract, the batsmen handled well. There were the odd plays and misses, but no solid chance offered. In the second hour, though, England attacked and switched gears as the pair began finding the boundaries often to bring up the fifty-run… Read full this story
- When does Burning Man Festival 2017 start and end and what happens in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert every year?
- Arsenal 4 Leicester 3: Alexandre Lacazette makes dream start as Gunners fight back in Premier League opener
- Bowls: Kepier succumb to Hartlepool, while Durham make winning start to Liberty Cup campaign
- FOOTBALL: Robins make fast start to see off top six rivals Cribbs
- Jo Konta makes winning start to 2018 with comeback victory over Madison Keys at Brisbane International
- Johanna Konta makes winning start to new year
- ITTF Team World Cup kick-starts major legacy project for East London
- WILTSHIRE LEAGUE: Melksham make room at the top of the table
- Robert McNeil's week ahead: Burns night
- SPONSORED CONTENT: Find the best ways to celebrate Burns Night
- Burns Night set to be celebrated with song and supper across Gwent
- Family and career should come first for players says Down boss Eamonn Burns
Burns, Sibley make comfortable start in Edgbaston have 334 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.