Former Cambridge Analytica employee Brittany Kaiser, recognisable to many as the unlikely star of the Netflix documentary The Great Hack, has appeared at Web Summit in Lisbon.The documentary followed the self-styled whistleblower as she testified to the UK parliament about what she knew when she worked at the firm as a business development manager.Now with a book out, she has reinvented herself as a data privacy guru aiming to educate youngsters about disinformation, and planning to put data back into the hands of users via blockchain technology.The Cambridge Analytica scandal broke in 2016 when it emerged that the data of up to 87 million Facebook users had been harvested via a personality quiz – and it’s never been exactly clear how it was used.The consultancy aided Donald Trump’s election campaign. And Ms Kaiser appeared on the firm’s behalf at a Leave.EU Brexit press briefing – the two organisations say they never signed a contract to work together but Ms Kaiser has alleged that “chargeable work was done”.In an interview with the BBC, Ms Kaiser said she wanted to see political advertising on Facebook banned. She said she feared little had changed. Hundreds of companies around the world are still crunching… Read full this story
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey just called in to Sean Hannity's radio show to discuss the recent 'shadow banning' accusations (TWTR)
- How Fake Influence Campaigns on Facebook Lured Real People
- Why are there so many creepy webs on the tree branches over your head?
- Facebook uncovers disinformation operation ahead of midterm elections
- Alex Jones, Facebook and free speech: Roy S. Gutterman
- New ad taking aim at Sen. Claire McCaskill is beyond disgusting
- Web companies should make it easier to make your data portable: FTC's McSweeny
- Major tech companies ban Alex Jones for hate, bullying
- Spotlight on the trolls campaigning on the Web
- Is the left getting played by Russia? Facebook purge exposes potential new tactics
- Facebook, tech giants creating 'crisis in democracy' and must be held liable, UK report says
- Why Won't Twitter Ban Alex Jones or Infowars? Jack Dorsey Answers
Brittany Kaiser calls for Facebook political ad ban at Web Summit have 340 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at November 6, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.