British drug maker AstraZeneca is cooperating with government regulators in investigating a manufacturing error of an experimental COVID-19 vaccine. The pharmaceutical company and Oxford University have admitted that a lower dosage of the vaccine performed better than a full dosage, according to a spokesman who spoke after AstraZeneca’s CEO said a further global trial was likely. The statement comes as the company prepared to provide a temporary supply of the drug ahead of its plans to distribute 4 million doses of the vaccine by the year’s end. Meanwhile, Australia’s second-largest state, Victoria, has recorded no new coronavirus infections or deaths in the past 28 days, health officials said Friday. The state did not have any active cases after the last COVID-19 patient was discharged from the hospital Monday. While Victoria has achieved the 28-day benchmark, widely accepted by health experts as eliminating the virus from the community, cases of the coronavirus infections have been detected in other parts of the country. In Latin America, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said Thursday he would refuse a coronavirus vaccine, the most recent of his vaccine-skeptic statements. “I’m telling you, I’m not going to take it. It’s my right,” he said in remarks aired… Read full this story
- Eye on human rights: Annual film festival illuminates wide range of social issues
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- Can your own immune system kill cancer?
- How to travel to Europe with a dog – a complete guide!
- Manafort could be jailed Friday after judge weighs tampering
- Throwback: The story behind the royal loved shoes, the Wellington
- Social News 29/4
- Holiday at the movies: Hobbits and Hunger Games top the cinema gift list
- Kate Middleton's emerald green outfit may be her best St. Patrick's Day look yet
- Fox Rocked by $179M 'Bones' Ruling: Lying, Cheating and "Reprehensible" Studio Fraud
- Pippa Middleton doesn't look like this anymore
- Kate Middleton knows how to make sweatpants look good
British AstraZeneca to Conduct Another Trial Before Widely Distributing COVID-19 Vaccine have 312 words, post on www.voanews.com at November 28, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.