THE Covid threat is at its lowest since the pandemic began as the official alert level was downgraded from three to two for the first time yesterday. Ministers and four chief medical officers agreed to the level being relaxed. UK Health Security Agency advice says Level 2 means "direct Covid-19 healthcare pressures are low and transmission is declining or stable". The country has been at Level 3 since moving from Level 4 in May. Cases are lowest since June, Office for National Statistics figures show. And Covid patients in hospitals in England have fallen by nearly a third since July's peak, to 5,658. Chief medical officers, including Professor Sir Chris Whitty , said in a statement: "The summer wave is subsiding." They added: "Covid remains present in the community. "We may see an increase in cases but do not expect this to lead to an immediate increase in hospital pressures." Most read in Health SHOCK TRUTH I was told lump was 'probably nothing' at 26… you're NEVER too young for cancer UNCOVERED Parents warned of sinister meaning behind ‘back to school necklace’ TikTok trend LET IT OUT I'm a pelvic floor coach – this is the perfect way to do… Read full this story
- A DUP minister fast asleep in New York bar, claims of bullying and threats of violence... just another week at the RHI Inquiry
- US launches first biodefence strategy in wake of new infectious disease threats
- Europe in flames: how can we tackle the wildfires sweeping Britain and the continent?
- FT Health: Time for action on NCDs
- Official: Plymouth is the sunniest place in the UK
- Britain’s middle-class Brexit Anxiety Disorder
- IBM warns smart cities are under threat from major hacking attacks
- Ebola death toll in the Democratic Republic of Congo jumps to 41
- Families of victims of Japanese volcano eruption climb to its summit
- Novichok assassination bid ‘could have killed 4,000 Brits’
- British TSUNAMI fears as killer UK waves ‘more common’ than scientists thought
- UK: lost, divided and alone
Britain’s Covid threat at lowest since pandemic began as official alert level downgraded from three to two for 1st time have 332 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 31, 2022. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.