BRADFORD College plays a major role in Kay Mellor’s new TV drama, Girlfriends. Classrooms at the new £10million ATC building, adjacent to the main college building on Great Horton Street, were transformed into offices of a glamorous magazine for the shoot, which took place in the summer holidays last year. The six-part ITV series which began this week, stars Zoë Wanamaker, Phyllis Logan and Miranda Richardson as lifelong friends Gail, Linda and Sue. Bridal magazine Adorable is at the centre of Oscar-nominated Miranda Richardson’s storyline, when her character Sue faces age discrimination at work. Girlfriends is the second TV drama in a year to be filmed in association with the Northern School of Creative Industries, Prime Studios and Bradford City of Film. Early in 2016 the college hosted a 14-week shoot for BBC1 drama Gunpowder in the Garden Mill Studio, where a 17th century set was built which appeared throughout the production. Gunpowder was broadcast in November, starring Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington and Liv Tyler. Nathan Kelly, Head of Faculty, Arts and Creative Industries (HE) at Bradford College, said: “Working so closely with the production companies on campus has proved a unique opportunity for our students who are… Read full this story
- Sean Bean and Stephen Graham set to star in new drama Time - get the details
- The VERY raunchy Regency: Decadence, excess, glamour... racy new period drama Bridgerton's got the lot – and it will have Jane Austen spinning in her grave!
- Eugenio Derbez To Star In Apple TV+ Bilingual Comedy Series Inspired By ‘How to Be A Latin Lover’ Movie
- Diane Kruger cuts a smart figure in a long grey jumper and black skirt as she films her new TV series Swimming With Sharks in Los Angeles
- Normal People actress Daisy Edgar-Jones steps into the big time with Jimmy Choo campaign after starring role
- BBC drops first look at ‘visceral’ new prison drama Time starring Line of Duty’s Stephen Graham and Sean Bean
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw To Star In Apple TV+ Series ‘Surface’ From Veronica West, Hello Sunshine & Apple Studios
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw to star in Apple TV+ psychological thriller Surface produced by her This Morning Show co-star Reese Witherspoon
- New TV hosts don't have it easy. Just ask Ken Jennings and Tyra Banks
- Strictly's Anton du Beke lands new TV role – find out details
- New ‘Zorro’ drama in the works, with a female lead
- The Dig FIRST LOOK: Lily James stars as an amateur archaeologist who helps discover an ancient burial ship with Carey Mulligan and Ralph Fiennes in new Netflix drama
Bradford College has starring role in new TV drama have 417 words, post on www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk at March 31, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.