What could happen in a London lockdown? LIKELY RESTRICTIONS Tougher advice on ‘social distancing’, urging everyone to stay at home unless absolutely essential; Asking shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars to close to minimise the risk of people gathering;Scaling back transport services while leaving enough capacity for unavoidable journeys and key workers to reach hospitals and other duties; NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN YET The PM’s spokesman said there is ‘zero prospect’ of train services in and out of the capital being cancelled altogether;There are ‘no plans’ to shut down the Tube and bus system within London completely;It is ‘not true’ that households will be told only one person can go outside;Sources have dismissed the idea that people will have to prove they are a key worker to leave their home; Contingency plans for police to guard shops and helicopters to airdrop food are not expected to be triggered at this stage in the unfolding crisis; The military is not expected to patrol the streets as keeping order is still the responsibility of the police. Boris Johnson today insisted Britain can ‘turn the tide’ on coronavirus within 12 weeks – but issued a stark plea for Londoners to be stricter in obeying the advice on ‘social isolation’…. Read full this story
- Boris Johnson accuses his sister Rachel of talking 'absolute nonsense' over her claim that he wants a No Deal Brexit to help hedge funds make billions as he admits 'I disagree with some people in my family' over politics
- Boris Johnson's father Stanley says he would proudly 'wear 'unco-operative crusty' badge' as he backs thousands of Extinction Rebellion protestors who partied the night away at Trafalgar Square rave
- EU threatens to delay Brexit until January even if a deal IS struck: France and Germany warn Boris Johnson they would need two months to iron out details... as talks resume this morning after midnight deadline blows by
- RECAP Tory leadership: Boris Johnson speaks to boisterous 1922 Committee
- Boris Johnson heads to crucial Brussels summit TODAY: Last-ditch talks go down to the wire after DUP scuppered Brexit draft - but PM and EU remain confident agreement CAN be 'finalised' within hours as even hardliners hail 'great progress'
- Boris Johnson vs Jeremy Hunt: PM candidates' policies on Brexit, NHS and more
- Boris Johnson's 'four-year affair' with model: In a bombshell TV interview, the Prime Minister's pole-dancing model friend Jennifer Arcuri says she warned him to come clean about their relationship - but says he dropped her like 'one of Kennedy’s girlfrien
- Boris Johnson slams Labour's 'crackpot communist' plan to spend £100BILLION nationalising chunks of BT, Sky, Virgin and TalkTalk to offer free broadband - amid warnings it will be a 'disaster' for pensioners and users
- Boris Johnson leads the condemnation of Scotland Yard's threat to PROSECUTE the Mail over Washington Files: Fury at counter-terrorism chief Neil Basu's 'ill-advised' and 'very stupid' infringement of the free press
- Boris Johnson wins Tory leadership race and will be UK's next Prime Minister
- Boris Johnson’s full English Brexit could rip the union apart
- Trump says he could meet his 'friends' Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage during state visit to the UK next week praising them as 'big powers'
Boris Johnson says Britain can 'turn the tide' on coronavirus within 12 weeks - but pleads with Londoners to stay out of bars and cafes and admits infections WILL go up have 524 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 19, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.