If you happen to be a fan of BMW and what it stands for today, you’re probably a fan of Jochen Neerpasch without even knowing it. Among cult followers of the Bavarian brand you’ll find people who are absolutely fascinated with this legendary figure towering over the M stripes as we know them today and rightfully so as there wouldn’t have been any in the first place, without his inspiration and hard work. That’s probably why when BMW called and told me that the man himself would be in town for a special event in his honor I started giggling like a little girl, a feeling I hadn’t experienced in a long time. It had all started about 2 years ago when one dedicated artist set out to paint 101 of the most iconic images in BMW’s 100 years of existence. Mr. Adrian Mitu managed to create an entire art installation in the process which used among other things a lot of coffee, something to give it a twist, if you will. His initial “Blue Coffee” experiment was so well received that it is now hosted by the BMW CCA museum in Spartanburg, where it truly belongs. But that was… Read full this story
- Datebook: MOCA explores an art movement inspired by feminine and domestic traditions
- The Legendary Honor Harrington's New Adventure: Movies, Comics and More
- Storied architect Art Gensler says Warriors ‘pushed the boundaries’ with Chase Center
- Homeless Prenatal Program founder cites ‘power of resilience’ at nonprofit’s anniversary
- Weekend Movie Review: 'Doctor Sleep,' 'Last Christmas' And More
- The World’s Most Innovative Companies
- South Bay by Jackie Weekend Guide November 7, 2019
- “The Greatest Teacher, Failure Is.” Why Hate The Last Jedi?
- Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin hold hands while co-hosting Lo Máximo Awards hosted by Homeboy Industries
- 'This Week' Transcript: 2013 Game Changers
- FMIA: Sense Has To Prevail in Antonio Brown’s Unsafe Helmet Gripe. Right?
- George Lucas: 'Star Wars' creator in a valley not far, far away
BMW M Founder Jochen Neerpasch Honored in Blue Hero Art Project have 325 words, post on www.bmwblog.com at April 7, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.