Newly crowned Culinary Fight Fest champion Kris Schoenberger isn’t about to rest on his laurels. The owner of BBQ’d Productions took top honors in both the Culinary Fight Fest and Final Plate competition in Chicago earlier this month. Now he is upping his game with a new menu sure to wow customers at his Third Lake and Lake Zurich restaurants. “We’re bringing some more chef-centric dishes to the menu,” said Schoenberger, whose double-rubbed, double-smoked burnt ends, slow-smoked brisket and signature sauces have been building a loyal following since 2009. The new menu not only features more burgers, wraps and fish dishes with a smokehouse flair, it also incorporates Schoenberger’s support for law enforcement into menu items’ names. Take, for instance, the 10-99 steak — the 10-code for “wanted.” Or the 10-51 section of the menu: flatbreads (the code stands for flatbed truck or wrecker). “We were looking to both have fun with it and honor the hardworking men and women in blue,” said Schoenberger, who worked for an area police department before venturing into the barbecue business. Schoenberger’s easy smile grows when he talks about his third round as a finalist in the Chicago Culinary Fight Fest. For him, the… Read full this story
- Hinckley pub The Gravity is pulling punters in with new menu
- Young chefs aiming to cook their way to award win
- City chefs announce plans for new Bognor restaurant
- Who is Tommy Banks? Great British Menu 2017 finalist and Britain’s youngest Michelin-star chef
- Top chef inspires students at Suffolk New College
- GHRA 2018 Pacific Hotel and Restaurant Expo has some new features
- When does Great British Menu 2018 start on BBC Two, who are the judges and how does the cooking show work?
- Dominic Robinson: The chef reinventing classic cuisine in a Berkshire village
- Ivana Trump's new Italian-inspired diet plan will set you back $1,070
- Who is Atul Kochhar? Million Pound Menu judge, Michelin star winning chef and owner of Benares
- Dropout to Michelin stars: The rise of chef Chan in Taiwan
- The Edge at Redcastle launches new spring / summer menu
BBQ'd Productions chefs score championship, cook up new menu have 336 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at October 25, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.