The Indian men’s team has been placed in Group C alongside 2016 champions Denmark, Germany and Algeria, while the women’s side has been clubbed with 14-time winners China, France and Germany in group D in the draw which was staged at BWF headquarters in Kuala Lumpur on Monday. Both the men’s and women’s teams are seeded fifth in the tournament, according to the BWF release. Indonesia, 13-time former champions, and six-time former winner Japan will headline as the top seeds for the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup respectively. The prestigious event was originally scheduled to be held from May 16-24 but was postponed to August 15-23 before finally rescheduling it in October due to the COVID-19 pandemic. No tournament has been possible since BWF had shut down their World Tour and other sanctioned tournaments following the completion of the All-England in March due to the global health crisis. BWF Chief Operating Officer Stuart Borrie said: “We acknowledge the many disruptions this year to our calendar but we would like to assure you that the BWF continues to monitor the ongoing developments surrounding COVID-19 and to plan for a safe return to international badminton. “We trust everyone within the badminton community… Read full this story
- Davis Cup: India coach Zeeshan Ali predicts tough challenge vs Italy
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - The Pinnacle of Digital Football?
- Why Pakistan and India remain in denial 70 years on from partition
- Thomas Edison's Brief Stint As A Homemaker
- Dark Souls 2: the beta was easy, but hope remains
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
- OPINION India's Hi-Tech Dominance: How Did It Happen?
- SNES Mini hands-on: The games, the hardware, the special features, and everything else you need to know
- Thomas Was Alone dev: PlayStation boosting indies as Steam importance fades
- Marvel vs Capcom Infinite has learned from the Street Fighter 5 debacle – but will super-easy combos split the fight community?
- The Elder Scrolls Online hands-on: trouble in Tamriel
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Gets a Ton of Info on Upcoming Patch 2.1
Badminton: India handed relatively easy draw in Thomas and Uber Cup Final have 330 words, post on www.mykhel.com at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.