Netflix’s live-action adaptation of beloved animated show Avatar: The Last Airbender has lost the show’s original creators. Michael Dante DiMartino said Wednesday that he and Bryan Konietzko decided to leave the show’s development team in June after two years of work on the project due to creative differences.”Netflix said that it was committed to honoring our vision for this retelling and to supporting us on creating the series,” DiMartino said in a blog post. “Unfortunately, things did not go as we had hoped.” For more like this Subscribe to the CNET Now newsletter for our editors’ picks of the most important stories of the day. Leaving the project “was necessary for my happiness and creative integrity,” he said, adding the situation is frustrating and disappointing. “I realized I couldn’t control the creative direction of the series, but I could control how I responded.”DiMartino said while the Netflix show has the potential to turn out well and people might enjoy it, “whatever version ends up on-screen, it will not be what Bryan and I had envisioned or intended to make.”Read more: Every streaming service ranked: Disney Plus vs. Netflix vs. Amazon Prime vs. Peacock vs. HuluNetflix announced in 2018 that it would… Read full this story
- The Age of Media Corporation Mega-Mergers Is Robbing Us of Bolder, Fresher Storytelling
- The Christ, Ratu Adil & Satria Piningit--Revealed?! Part 2
- The It List: HBO's 'Watchmen' series debuts, Angelina Jolie rocks Maleficent’s razor-sharp cheekbones again, 'Pulp Fiction' turns 25 and the best in pop culture the week of October 14, 2019
- Autobiography As De-Facement - A De Manin Reading of "Perseid" in John Barth's Chimera
- The Awareness of Metaphysical Laws and Principles Part 2
- Breaking Into Hollywood - How Do I Translate the Entertainment Trades Into Project Sales?
- The Essence Of Bhagavad-Gita - The Most Sacred Hindu Philosophy
- Mastering The Secret Science of The Law Of Attraction
- Metaphysical Development & Disciplines Part 2
- The Astral Plane - What is it Like?
- What's the Fate of Those With Wicked Karma?
- It's Hip To Be Square - In Your Diet, Anyway!
Avatar: The Last Airbender creators depart live-action Netflix show have 343 words, post on www.cnet.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.