Singer and actress Audra McDonald gave stage and movie musical lovers the night of their dreams when she took to the Touhill stage Sunday night for “Songs From the American Musical Theater.”The concert performance felt more like an intimate cabaret room show instead of a concert in a hall that holds 1600 thanks to unyielding charm and wit as big as her soprano voice. She wove in nearly two hours of songs with a timeline that stretched close to a century – and ranged from instantly identifiable show tunes to obscure selections. They shared the link of being works that McDonald connected with personally over her more than 20 years as a concert singer.Through attention to the masters and the rising stars, McDonald showcased the importance and power of the art form that made her a star. She has become a legend in her own right thanks to a record six Tony Awards for both musicals and dramas. Instead of flexing her star power, McDonald used her selections and the anecdotes wrapped around them to make an authentic connection with the audience based on the common threads of humanity. Though Sunday’s performance was pure perfection, she shared an embarrassing moment… Read full this story
- FLT. 93 TRIBUTE HITS RIGHT NOTE
- 'High School Musical 3' hits right notes with moviegoers
- Marc hits right notes
- Statement Suits, Plush Pinks, and a Lotta Gowns on the American Music Awards Red Carpet
- American Music Awards live acts to feature Adam Lambert, 'American Idol' runner-up
- American Music Awards 2010: Eminem, Lady Antebellum and Justin Bieber lead nominations
- American Music Awards 2010: Justin Bieber and Usher sweep with six joint wins; BSB and NKOTB unite
- American Music Awards 2010: Miley Cyrus sings 'Forgiveness and Love' to mom, Tish, at AMAs
- J.Lo falls at AMAs: Jennifer Lopez lands on her most famous asset at the American Music Awards
- American Music Awards nominations announced; Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift lead with most nods
- American Music Awards 2010: Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Ke$ha drop pants; Katy Perry stays clothed
- Audra McDonald too hot with "110 in the Shade" pal Will Swenson?
Audra McDonald's tribute to the American musical hits all the right notes have 348 words, post on www.stlamerican.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.