Thomas Tuchel made it three victories from three meetings with Pep Guardiola this season after his Chelsea side beat Manchester City 1-0 in the Champions League final . A solitary goal from club-record signing Kai Havertz was enough to hand Chelsea the win, ensuring Guardiola’s wait for a third Champions League title as manager will reach an eleventh year. Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes that Chelsea were ‘convinced’ they would topple City for a third time after beating them twice already in the last six weeks. Chelsea ended any chance City had of a historic quadruple after a Hakim Ziyech strike handed the Blues a 1-0 victory over Guardiola’s side in the FA Cup semi-final, before the pair met again just a few weeks later in the Premier League . Despite City taking the lead, a second half turnaround handed Chelsea a 2-1 win at the Etihad, robbing City of the chance to seal their status as Premier League champions there and then. Wenger explained: “Guardiola has just been voted manager of the year in England, because he won the (Premier League) championship and dominated, but a final is only one game and that’s where you have to turn… Read full this story
- Arsenal vs Chelsea: Sunday 6th May 07
- The Arsenal Team of the Decade (1997-2007)
- How Man United Won The English Premiership Title
- Truth: Far Different Than Mere Beliefs
- How One Man Made an Entire Career Out of Wearing a Nametag
- Clash City Rockers
- The City of One (Part II) - The New Eternal Tree of Life Arousing and Awakening Love
- One Minute Before Twelve - Then Beat A Long Roll For The Doughboy
- Ayn Rand and My Beliefs
- Hello from Montreal - A Wonderful Introduction to a Charming Unique City
- Have you Tried the Latest New York City Sensation?
- Anyone Know the Real Birthplace of Rock N Roll? - A Brief History
Arsene Wenger knows what gave Chelsea extra belief to beat Man City in final have 308 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at May 30, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.