Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)It’s the end of an era in football. Arsene Wenger clears his desk today at Arsenal after 22 years at the helm. While his last few years might be marked by lackluster performances and a growing appetite for change among the fans, the manager has undoubtedly left his mark on the footballing world. Nowhere has the impact of Wenger been felt as much as in Africa. Afterall, Wenger is the manager who brought George Weah to Monaco, the player who would go on to be the first African footballer to win the FIFA World Player of the Year in 1995 and, this year, become president of Liberia. JUST WATCHED COPA90: How Wenger’s Arsenal changed the PL Replay More Videos … MUST WATCH COPA90: How Wenger’s Arsenal changed the PL 05:19 Wenger was a pioneer in bringing African players to the Premier League: Kanu, Lauren, Kolo Toure and Iwobi are just some of the 16 African players who featured in his teams. The #WengerOut debacle has been as hotly debated in Africa as anywhere else, and now the French tactician is gone fans are taking stock of his reign. Read More Nigerian Arsenal superfan Kelechi Anyikude, 32, who know… Read full this story
- Denilson reveals classy Wenger often tried to comfort him but ultimately loneliness killed his Arsenal career
- Arsenal set to complete £30m Alexis Sánchez transfer from Barcelona
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could leave Arsenal, says Tony Adams
- Alexandre Lacazette suffers ankle injury in Arsenal friendly defeat by Lyon
- Man Utd transfer target Wilfred Ndidi insists he is happy at Leicester with Arsenal showing interest
- Alan Smith on Arsenal's European Cup Winners' Cup win over Parma: 'I was always going to play'
- Ex-Arsenal star Serge Gnabry dating model Sandra Jerze after getting cosy with influencer during Easter holidays
- Aubameyang completes £56m Arsenal move as £18m Giroud joins Chelsea
- Olivier Giroud seals Community Shield win for Arsenal as Chelsea pay penalty
- 6pm Arsenal news LIVE: Partey transfer LATEST, Chelsea join Kokcu race, Saliba summer return, Luka Jovic swoop
- 11pm Arsenal news LIVE: Partey transfer LATEST, Saliba summer return, Chelsea join Kokcu race, Luka Jovic swoop
- PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi meets Arsene Wenger amid sporting director speculation
Arsenal superfan: Arsene Wenger really improved African football have 355 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.