Apple CEO: US should copy EU data rules Watch Now Apple CEO Tim Cook loves talking about the India potential. In 2016, he made what was an Apple chief’s first visit to the country, and this March, on an analyst earnings call , he talked about the India potential in glowing, optimistic terms: “India is the third-largest smartphone market in the world. There’s huge opportunities there for us, and we have extremely low share in that market overall… we’re putting a lot of energy there,” he said . Also: Best Black Friday 2018 deals: Business Bargain Hunter’s top picks Is he though? The fact is, Apple’s track record in India over the past few years is a real head-scratcher. Research outfit Counterpoint has told Reuters that sales could drop by as much as 33 percent, from 2017-18’s (year-ended March) estimated three million units to two million in 2018-19, the first such slump in four years, thanks to shipments of less than one million units in the first half of this year. It could very well be the company’s worst performance in India to date. Quite clearly, Indians aren’t digging Apple’s phones as much as it thought they would. All-in-all, apparently… Read full this story
- Putin in India: What Russian president's visit means for world politics
- How India and China bought peace - for now
- Meet India’s crypto investors
- IBM bets big on India, to open more software development centres
- Omicron cases a wake-up call for India: Expert
- 4G Technology Will Take At Least Two Years to Kick-Off in India: Gartner
- I Looked at Bad Days as "Great Coaching Opportunity": Former India Fielding Coach R Sridhar
- I looked at bad days as "great coaching opportunity": Former India fielding coach R Sridhar
- Raveena Tandon Feels The Magic Of Big Screen Will Never Fade; 'Sooryavanshi Has Proved It'
- U.S. Shatters Its Record of New Coronavirus Infections as India’s Caseload Hits a Million
- SaaS space heats up with big deals on horizon
- Why coal continues to play big role in India's energy mix
Apple talks big about India, but its revenues are tanking have 336 words, post on www.zdnet.com at November 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.