While shoppers may be gearing up to purchase the iPhone 5 or one of Apple’s recently released iPads this holiday season, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company is already planning for its next major electronics release.Apple is allegedly expected to unveil its iPhone 5 successor and next-generation iPad around the middle of 2013, according to DigiTimes. This rumor is based on predictions from analysts watching Apple’s supply chain. Suppliers such as contract chipmaker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and packager Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) are projected to deliver strong results for the first quarter of 2013, according to the report.DigiTimes, a Taiwanese publication known for closely covering Apple’s supply chain, has not named its sources but says this news comes from “market observers.” It’s important to remember that this information can only be considered heavy rumor at this point, since Apple has not made any official announcements.These alleged sources have also said that component orders placed by Apple, which reached a high point just before the official iPhone 5 announcement, are expected to spike again between March and April of 2013.This isn’t the first time rumors concerning the production of a next-generation iPhone have hit the Web recently. A report from last… Read full this story
- Two September Apple events planned, claims supply chain
- Apple to banish iPhone's TrueDepth 'notch' with sub-display Face ID in 2023, Kuo says
- LG to supply OLED displays for next-gen iPad, says report
- Fall 2021 Apple Event Rumors: iPhones in September, MacBook Pros in Late October, and More
- New Apple Leak Reveals iPhone 13 Release Shock
- Gurman: iPhone 13, Apple Watch Series 7, AirPods 3, iPad mini 6, more coming this fall
- Apple's next iPhone may ship with more powerful USB-C charger
- How Apple's plan to combat child abuse backfired on it
- Apple considering using Titanium in future iPads, says Digitimes
- Apple reportedly plans to make iOS detect child abuse photos
- Foxconn founder urges Apple to move iPhone & Mac production out of China
- Apple's 9th gen iPad users deserve a new design, but do they want one?
Apple allegedly planning iPhone 5 successor and next-gen iPad for mid-2013 have 326 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 20, 2012. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.