CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — There’s plenty of room for surprises Tuesday when Wyoming voters choose from a crowded field of gubernatorial candidates and decide whether a wealthy outsider should oust a U.S. senator. The last time so many competitive candidates were on the ballot was in 2010, and that outcome shows just how hard-to-predict — yet critically important — primaries are in this deep-red state. That year, former U.S. attorney for Wyoming Matt Mead won the Republican primary with 28.6 percent of the vote, less than a point ahead of State Auditor Rita Meyer’s 27.9 percent. Former state legislator Ron Micheli nuzzled in third with 26.3 percent. Mead dominated that year’s general election and easily won re-election in 2014. So in no small sense the fate of Wyoming’s executive branch over the past two terms came down to a very close, three-way primary finish. With at least four highly competitive Republicans running this year, a repeat of 2010 may be in the works. Add what may be Sen. John Barrasso’s most serious challenge since taking office and more than one eyebrow-raising headline could result. A look at the top races: ___ GOVERNOR SCRAMBLE Any of four well-organized candidates has a… Read full this story
- Bosnians vote in local elections overshadowed by pandemic
- Newsom Recall: County Officials Want Election Held Mid-September Or Later
- IMA-AP to protest violence against doctors on June 18
- Tuesday evening UK news briefing: Pledge on social care reform set out in Queen's Speech
- Wednesday morning UK news briefing: Ministers set to be told to halt Covid jabs for children
- Biden campaign manager calls GOP lawmakers 'a bunch of f---ers'
- Malaysian king says Parliament must resume despite emergency
- Junta troops burn Myanmar village in escalation of violence
- 'Ban on NDTV India is not the answer'
- Lou Barletta To Enter Pennsylvania’s GOP Stakes For Governor
- Spacewalking astronauts boosting station's solar power
- Trump makes his case in North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin
AP News Guide: Wyoming primary election have 309 words, post on apnews.com at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.