MPs are being harassed and abused around Westminster by far right ‘thugs’ looking to make money from online donations, a Labour MP has claimed. It follows a day of ‘yellow vest’ protesters following MPs and journalists around Westminster, some of whom shouted abuse. Earlier, Tory MP Anna Soubry was branded a “Nazi” by a mob outside Parliament. The group, wearing yellow hi-vis jackets in a bid to appropriate the visual style of the Gilets Jeunes protest movement in France, appeared to be led by far-right internet agitator James Goddard. Goddard’s Twitter and Facebook accounts include a link for supporters to donate and “help me to fight for the cause.” Tory MP Anna Soubry ( Image: BBC) James Goddard following Owen Jones ( Image: Paul Davey/SWNS) On his Facebook page, he says: “I'm not in this to make money, I'm in it because I genuinely believe in what I say and I'm willing to go the extra mile and challenge the people that need confronting.” Raising a point of order in the House of Commons around the abuse of Tory MP Anna Soubry, Mary Creagh asked the Speaker to ask social media companies to remove the films. Ms Creagh highlighted “vile,… Read full this story
- Paris Gourtsoyannis: Far-right could rise amid chaos of no-deal Brexit
- Neo-Nazis Christopher Lythgoe and Matthew Hankinson jailed for being members of banned far-right group National Action
- Banned far-right National Action plastered university with 'White Zone' stickers
- Far-right terror threat on the rise in Britain
- Far-right informer 'leaked MP murder plot'
- Far-right group Generation Identity comes to Belfast
- Waiter fired for aggressive behaviour launches human rights appeal claiming he is not rude, just French
- Greek minister: Neoliberalism and xenophobic far-right are ‘two sides of the same coin’
- Brexit: SNP MPs demand rerun of EU referendum amid Vote Leave probe
- Nazi-inspired jewellery, trinkets wiped from auction site
- Syria Crisis: MPs Back Motion Demanding Westminster Vote On Military Action
- National Action leader jailed for eight years after probe into MP murder plot
Anna Soubry MP urges police action after 'Nazi' taunts amid new far right 'thugs' claims have 329 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 7, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.