LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) Amy Yang has experienced success at the U.S. Women’s Open. Now, she wants the ultimate prize.The 25-year-old South Korean went on a four-birdie run Friday, charging to a three-stroke lead after two rounds at Lancaster Country Club and putting her in position – again – to make a run at her first major championship.The day started early for 55 players, who resumed their opening round after play was suspended late Thursday due to a powerful storm. The second round ended with the bulk of the field still trying to solve the speedy and sloping greens of the hilly William Flynn layout in the heart of Amish country.Ultimately, the day belonged to Yang.She took control on her inward nine with birdies on the 11th, 12th, 13th. She hit her approach to within a foot on No. 14 and punctuated the 4-under-par run. She was at 7-under 133.”I just enjoy it out here,” Yang said. ”And I know the golf courses are very tough; I just enjoy the tough condition of the golf courses.”Stacy Lewis, last year’s runner-up, and Japan’s Shiho Oyama were tied for second at 4-under 136.Yang has had her share of success on the LPGA Tour,… Read full this story
- Jones scores 15, No. 1 Stanford women beat Ohio State 71-52
- No. 20 Missouri State women defeat Missouri 79-72
- 'It made me a better person': Broadchurch star Sarah Parish opens up about the trauma of losing her daughter at eight months old and how it inspired her to start her own charity
- Poll: Biden leads Warren by 12 points in Pennsylvania
- Capsules from Presidents Cup matches in opening session
- Women's March on Washington: What You Need to Know
- Presidents Cup: International Team retain lead after Team USA fightback
- TALK OF THE TOWN: Little Women's leading ladies show they have huge appetites! Saoirse Ronan, Eliza Scanlen and Florence Pughby chow down in between takes
- Yang says he would consider offer to be Biden's VP
- Andrew Yang is The Only Person of Color to Qualify For The Democrats' December Debate
- 100 Women Directors Hollywood Should Be Hiring
- Women Made Them. Viewers and Critics Liked Them. No One Nominated Them.
Amy Yang goes on birdie run, takes lead at US Women’s Open have 353 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 10, 2015. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.