Amma mini-clinics have been launched in Tamil Nadu to provide quality treatment to all people including those living below the poverty line and also those living in remote villages, said Adi-Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Minister V. M. Rajalakshmi here on Wednesday.Launching two mini-clinics at Vellalankulam and Kadambankulam in the district in the presence of District Collector G. S. Sameeran, doctors, para-medical team and officials from the Health and Family Welfare department, she said that the government had allotted 41 mini-clinics for the district. Already, two have started functioning in Puliampatti and Alaganeri. The rest would be opened in a phased manner, she said.The Minister said that the mini-clinics would be open from 8 a.m. to 12 noon and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Instead of rushing to urban locations or private hospitals, poor people can approach the mini-clinics and get quality treatment. The mini-clinics have a doctor and a nurse.The government’s aim was to care for the needy and give them the assistance at the right time. Be it womenfolk or students, weavers or farmers, aged people or deserted women, the Edappadi Palaniswami’s government had accorded top priority for providing the basic needs.The Amma mini-clinics would be functional across… Read full this story
- As the cost of living keeps rising, this mum-of-eight hopes tonight's federal budget will bring some relief
- ‘AIADMK recruited medicos for Amma Clinics on one-year contract only’
- T.N. to seek approval for six more medical colleges: Health Minister
- UK Weather forecast – Hayfever hell this weekend as Met Office-predicted mini-heatwave wreaks havoc with symptoms
- Ukraine-Russia war live – Nuclear threat soars as Chernobyl shelling resumes; plus Putin makes Boris Johnson enemy
- Mini budget a 'slap in the face' as cash-strapped Brits tell Sunak 'thanks for nothing'
- Live in Harmony with Nature at Costa Rica’s Reserva Conchal
- Spring Statement 2022 latest: Rishi Sunak FREEZES booze & cigarette prices and slashes fuel duty in crunch mini-budget
- JioMeet is the Perfect Tool to Help MSMEs in Times of Remote Working
- 14 Cr Health IDs Created, Scheme Will Help Get Faster, Affordable Care: Digital Health Mission Head
- UK weather weekend forecast LIVE – ‘Mini-heatwave’ today as to temperatures hit 20C on HOTTEST day of year
- 'No end is in sight.' Living with Covid means a life of lockdown for England's most vulnerable
Amma mini-clinics will be helpful for those living in remote locations: Minister have 375 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.