"We want to make people aware of a development in our lives," he shared on his Twitter account. "As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separate, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends." pic.twitter.com/Gb10BDb0x0 — Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) January 9, 2019 The tweet suggests that the divorce is amicable, with Bezos stating, "If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again." The response from the Twitterverse was greeted with both heartfelt sympathy and some amusement and speculation, including whether or not Bezos and his wife had a prenup, what singledom would look like for Bezos, and how the announcement will affect Amazon's worth. “Alexa, download Tinder” — Nate (@nateb1992) January 9, 2019 Some Twitter users couldn't resist taking a dig at the company's allegedly low wages and conditions for workers. Hey probably got to greedy and ego driven. Money changes you. And he surely isn’t paying his employees a decent wage. — Jamison Olivieri (@jolivieri89) January 9, 2019 Bezos, 54, and MacKenzie Bezos (nee Tuttle), 48, married in 1993. Amazon, the multinational e-commerce and technology company, was founded in… Read full this story
- The World's Richest Person Just Got a Lot Richer: Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos on Track to Be World's First Trillionaire
- Jeff Bezos to be 1st trillionaire by 2026?
- Robot Dogs Are a Thing: Jeff Bezos Takes One for a Walk
- Jeff Bezos’s family office bets on Sujal Patel’s startup that is mapping human proteins
- Amazon worker tests positive for coronavirus after Jeff Bezos visits warehouse
- Amazon sales surge but Bezos says coronavirus costs could hit $4 billion
- How big unions smooth the way for Amazon worker protests
- Amazon worker, 59, is SIXTH staffer to die of coronavirus amid demands for the company to reveal data on infections
- Amazon opens new purpose-built homeless shelter at its trendy Seattle HQ that sleeps up to 200 people a night over eight floors as firm's employees work from home
- Amazon struggles to respond to surge in orders as coronavirus crisis deepens
- ‘Way too late’: Inside Amazon’s biggest outbreak
- Report: Amazon Considers Adding Bankrupt JC Penney to Growing Retail Empire
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie announce divorce on Twitter have 364 words, post on www.news.com.au at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.