ST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC): Former Pakistan spin wizard Mushtaq Ahmed could play a pivotal role in helping to develop the region’s spin assets in the future, says Windies’ director of cricket, Jimmy Adams. Media revealed on Monday that Mushtaq had joined the Windies set-up on a four-week stint but Adams said that it was hoped the former Test bowler’s services could be utilised on an ongoing basis beyond the initial period. “Although this initial stint is four weeks, both parties are already discussing the possibility of engaging Ahmed on a more regular basis in the future,” said Adams, a former Windies captain. “Not only to work with our players but just as importantly with our coaches in the region.” Mushtaq will work with Windies, Windies Women and Windies A in preparation for upcoming tours. Significantly, the Windies welcome Sri Lanka for a three-Test tour starting in June and Mushtaq’s contract, which runs from May 10 to June 7, coincides with the preparation period for that series. The 47-year-old spent six years as a spin consultant with the England side, helping them win the Twenty20 World Cup and the Ashes series, and has also served as head of the Pakistan Cricket… Read full this story
- Ethiopia's Abiy Ahmed has won this year's Nobel Peace Prize. Here's why.
- Ethiopia Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Alid Wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Ethiopia's Abiy Ahmed won this year's Nobel Peace Prize. Here's why.
- Greta Thunberg misses out on Nobel Peace Prize as the award is given to Ethiopia's prime minister Abiy Ahmed
- Easter Bowl 2008
- What’s next for Ethiopia now that Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has won the Nobel Peace Prize
- Turning a Fruit Bowl, Article 1
- Umesh Yadav and spin duo wrap up innings win, series for India
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019: Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed wins
- Abiy Ahmed, Ethiopia's prime minister, wins 2019 Nobel peace prize
- Woodturning A Wooden Bowl
- Abiy Ahmed: Meteoric rise of the man trying to remould Ethiopia
Ahmed can spin bowling regionally have 320 words, post on jamaica-star.com at January 25, 2010. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.