The biennial international competition of ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) will be held from December 5, 2021 to January 1, 2022 instead of April 11 to May 8 next year as previously scheduled.This adjustment means good news for Vietnam’s national team since the Golden Dragons could fully focus on the crucial World Cup 2022 Asian qualification game with Malaysia in March without worrying about running out of breath.The next advantage is time. At the moment, three key national team defenders, Tran Dinh Trong, Do Duy Manh and Doan Van Hau are nursing prolonged injuries, expected to heal in several months’ time. Competing in World Cup qualifiers and AFF Cup in March and then April would place them at high risk of relapse. With AFF Cup moving to December, they would have enough time not only to recover but also regain their form, bolstering Vietnam’s title defense.For club football, hosting AFF Cup in late 2021 would help avoid conflict with other club competitions like AFC Champions League and AFC Cup, which will conclude around November next year. Vietnamese clubs who participate in these tournaments, Viettel FC, Hanoi FC and Saigon FC, would not have to worry about letting their players join the… Read full this story
- Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football
- Vietnam’s U22 team drawn in Group B of SEA Games 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- 2010 FIFA World Cup - South Africa Calling!
- FA Cup Final Preview
- Paradigm Shift - Rethinking How We Work
- NFL playoff risers: Barnwell on six surprising teams, and what's next
- Edited Transcript of KDP earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 1:00pm GMT
- South Korea - The Olympic Revolution of the New Millennium
- Edited Transcript of UAL earnings conference call or presentation 16-Oct-19 2:30pm GMT
AFF Cup schedule shift to benefit Vietnam football have 293 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.