The second batch of Moderna vaccines arrives in HCM City’s Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport on Saturday. — Photo from the US Embassy in Việt Nam HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam has received more than three million doses of the Moderna vaccine donated through the COVAX Facility by the US Government, UNICEF have announced. Nearly 1.5 million doses arrived in HCM City on Saturday night while the rest is due to touch down in Hà Nội on Sunday evening. This is the second batch of Moderna vaccines to arrive in the country this month, bringing the total donation from the United States Government to Việt Nam to more than five million doses. The donated vaccines are provided through the COVAX dose-sharing mechanism, which allows well-supplied countries to share vaccine doses with other countries to help protect the most at-risk populations globally. Remarking on the arrival of the vaccines to Việt Nam, U.S. Embassy Chargé d'Affaires, a.i., Christopher Klein, said in a statement, "We are here to help Việt Nam at this difficult time, and our total donation of five million doses of Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccine is proof of this support. We will get through this pandemic and emerge stronger together." U.S. Consul… Read full this story
- Việt Nam among top 10 Asia-Pacific tourist destinations
- China's Vaccine Scandal: 15 Arrested As Outrage Grows Over Distribution of Tainted Doses to Children
- U.S. Dedicates Millions to Aid Ebola Outbreak Relief in DR Congo
- Flu season is finally ending, but the race to create next year's flu vaccine is just beginning
- Politics President Trump arrives in Hanoi for state visit Only 39 percent of pet dogs in Vietnam vaccinated: authority
- Paul Manafort sentenced to more than 3 1/2 additional years in prison: WATCH LIVE
- Paul Manafort gets additional 3 1/2 years behind bars at 2nd sentencing
- Over 100 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships Available in Taiwan's Preeminent Academic Institution - Academia Sinica
- HN chairman urges relevant agencies quickly remedy Rạng Đông fire
- Etiqa's EASY save online insurance savings series relaunches with high guaranteed crediting rate of 2.68% p.a.
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 28/12
- Health sector’s nine outstanding events in 2018
Additional three million doses of Moderna vaccine arrive in Việt Nam have 356 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.