Domestic violence is a very serious issue. However, many people do not realize that abuse is occurring when there is no actual physical violence involved. Emotional abuse is every bit as damaging to the victim, and in some cases, even more so. The effects of emotional abuse can be far-ranging and not apparent for years to come.The most obvious potential side-effect of emotional abuse is that it often escalates into physical violence. When the abuser finds that he/she is not achieving a sufficient level of control (or whatever it is they are seeking, but most often it is control) through verbal and mental abuse, they will more than likely turn to physical violence to achieve it. That is why it is very important to recognize and eliminate an abusive situation as soon as possible.The second major side-effect of emotional abuse is the effect it has on the psyche and self-esteem of the person upon whom it has been inflicted. Serious, long-ranging effects stem from emotional abuse. Emotional and mental issues can arise immediately, or they may not manifest themselves for weeks, months, or years to come. Often times, these effects can be seen in physical abuse perpetrated by the victim… Read full this story
- Children Who View Domestic Abuse More Likely To Bully, Fight, Lie, Cheat
- What happens when an abused woman fights back?
- Abuse towards retail staff reduced through training course on how to calm cranky customers
- 'I was wrong': MAFS Cyrell Paule apologises after accusing cafe owner of 'hurling racist abuse and grabbing her by the throat' in a cafe brawl
- Serving Life for Surviving Abuse
- Questions about Emotional Abuse
- Abusive minister writing intimidating letters to victims telling them he is 'praying for them', it is revealed
- Kelis Opens Up About Nas’s Shocking Alleged Abuse: ‘I Had Bruises All Over My Body’
- Child abuse drama Dark Money shocks viewers as parents watch footage of their actor son, 13, being forced into a sex act by a Hollywood producer - in echoes of real-life Hollywood scandals
- Parkerville Children's Home child sex abuse survivors say redress scheme taking too long
- R. Kelly's ex-girlfriend says he abused her, forced her into sexual acts
- Kelis accuses ex Nas of physical abuse during marriage
Abuse is Not Always Physical have 365 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 6, 2008. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.