Around 99 percent of import and export tax payments in Ho Chi Minh City are made online. (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Around 99 percent of import and export tax payments in Ho Chi Minh City are made online, according to the customs department . Switching to online payment has reduced work for customs officers and helped businesses save time and cost. According to the State Bank of Vietnam , promoting online payment for public services is one of the goals of the Government. Le Thanh Minh, an employee of a transportation company, said import and export procedures at customs offices have become easier and faster than before thanks to non-cash payment. Previously enterprises had to pay the tax at the Treasury or a bank, take the payment receipt to customs authorities and wait. Now, after the money goes to the Treasury, the goods are automatically cleared. In the past, it would take businesses two or three days to complete the tax payment. The process could stretch even further since banks do not work on weekends and holidays, but now it only takes a few seconds, Minh said. Nguyen Quoc Toan from the customs department's import-export taxation office told Tuoi… Read full this story
- Import-export turnover forecast to surpass $500b by end of year
- As Donald Trump made clear, smart businesses know only idiots pay tax
- Vietnam remains attractive investment destination for German firms
- Vietnam forgoes US$536.83 million tax under FTA commitments
- 'No free lunch for the government; businesses need returns to invest'
- Việt Nam-EU dialogue discusses challenges to doing business in Việt Nam
- International sports brands increase production in Vietnam
- Car sales in Vietnam forecasted to reach 400,000 this year
- How The Tax Bill Will Impact Silicon Valley: Great For Big Tech, Good For Startups
- Help to buy has had its day. Time to tax the builders and close the scheme
- Plan aims to raise Vietnam’s position in global logistics rankings
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
Ability to pay taxes online a boon for Vietnam’s import-export businesses have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.