*Last updated: January 12th, 2019 The single most frequently asked question I get about my travels concerns the cost of budgeting for a round the world trip. While understanding how I pay for it all tops the list of questions, the actual cost of traveling the world for a year is the big unknown. I had no idea how much my around the trip would cost when I left—some people reported around $10,000 a year (which seemed absurdly low) while others spent upwards of $40K to travel a bit more luxuriously. Knowing where my own travels would fall in that spectrum was a great unknown, so I thought of it as a grand adventure. How much will it cost, and how long can I keep going with my freelance income? Over that year, I tracked every single dollar I spent while traveling. My full tally is complete. I traveled around the world for for 328 days (11 months) through 15 countries and tracked what I spent, what each and every country cost, and where I could have done better. For a round the world trip in 2008 to 2009, I spent USD $17,985. Then I decided to keep traveling and… Read full this story
- Rep. Diane Black: I'm stepping down as chairman of the House Budget Committee after a successful year with Trump
- Anti-LGBTQ Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi racked up $253 million in taxpayer costs over six years
- The Big Costs Driving San Diego Unified's Looming Shortfall
- Budget Committee finalizes FY2019 budget
- 39 States Have Budget Surpluses. And Cities Want the Cash.
- 10 Travel Writers, 10 Favorite Hotels
- Laptop ban, protectionism hang over booming air travel industry
- LifeVantage Announces Financial Results for the Fourth Fiscal Quarter and Full Fiscal Year 2018
- What It's Really Like To Quit Your Job To Travel The World
- Russia and China Take on U.S. Military's Largest Ever Budget That They Say Makes World Less Safe
- Five Simple Tips to Help Vegetarian or Vegan Travelers Eat Well, Anywhere
- Genoa Bridge Collapse: Italian Minister Blames European Union Budget Contraints
A Little RTW Budget… How Much Does it Cost to Travel the World for a Year? (2019) have 324 words, post on alittleadrift.com at October 6, 2009. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.