The single most frequently asked question I get about my travels concerns the cost of budgeting for a solo round the world trip. While understanding how I pay for it all tops the list of questions, the actual cost of traveling for a year around the world is the big unknown. I had no idea how much my RTW trip would cost when I left — some people reported around $10,000 (which seemed absurdly low) while others spent upwards of $40K to travel a bit more luxuriously. So I thought of it as a grand adventure. How much will it cost, and how long can I keep going with my freelance income?Over that year, I tracked every single dollar I spent on the road.My full tally is complete and I traveled around the world for for 328 days (11 months) through 15 countries and tracked what I spent, what each and every country cost, and where I could have done better.Just want the cold hard figures? Navigate the Google spreadsheet by the countries listed at the bottom of my full RTW Travel Budget.How did I save for around the world travel?While admission to the Taj was pricey, everything else in India… Read full this story
- Camping Part I - The Low Cost Travel Alternative
- 5 Simple Ideas For Creating Your Own Stress-Free, Budget-Friendly, Magical Christmas This Year
- What is a Realistic Budget For Traveling?
- Be An Air Courier and Travel the World Free!
- Smart Budget Travel Ideas For Summer Holidays
- World Travel on $1,000 a Month Or Less
- Cheap Travel Ideas and Tips
- Controlling Business Travel Costs
- Travel is Still Very Healthy - Helped by Great Deals and Getaways
- Budget Family Travel - Money-Saving Tips For the Budget-Minded Traveler
- Travel on a Budget by Working Where You Play
- Who Can Afford to Travel These Days?
A Little RTW Budget… How Much Does it Cost to Travel the World for a Year? (2017) have 295 words, post on alittleadrift.com at October 5, 2009. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.