NEW YORK (AP) — Dressed in hot pink and a colorful hijab, crouched down close to Ring 1 to cheer on the hounds, Aliya Taylor clearly stood out. “Like a sore thumb,” she laughed. It’s true, no one else at the Westminster Kennel Club breed judging Sunday came in similar attire. But the longtime handler is used to that — there just aren’t many other Muslims in the dog show world. “I’ve never seen a hijab in the ring,” she said. “A lot of people think it’s a costume I wear in the ring to show off my dogs. But this is how I normally dress.” “My head is pretty much always covered. This is how you’d see me on a Monday or Tuesday going to the store,” she said. On this afternoon, the retired Philadelphia police officer and former prison guard wasn’t presenting any of her own dogs. Instead, she was in town to cheer on a dear friend who was showing an Azawakh — loosely called an African greyhound, they were making their debut in America’s top pooch pageant. Taylor was in the spirit, complete with earrings shaped like the continent of Africa that featured an image of… Read full this story
- Social media falls in love with pups at this year’s Westminster Dog Show
- Wire fox terrier wins Westminster dog show
- Chunky bulldog named Rudy stuns crowd with his speed at dog show
- Emily Atack signs huge £500k deal to be the new face of In The Style
- Italy v Wales player ratings as new faces fail to take their chance
- Top dogs Borris and Sadie win pet slimmer of the year award
- A first look at the new Chanel documentary coming to Netflix
- Keelin 'excited' as RTÉ news shows to get a makeover early in new year
- The 40 minute face lift you can have in your lunch break
- Who is Matt Baker’s wife, what is The One Show host’s net worth and when was he on Blue Peter?
- How dog breeds get recognised in America
- Hunter caught on camera 'flushing fox out of hole' to be 'chased by hounds'
A hijab and Azawakh hounds: Westminster dog show’s new faces have 349 words, post on apnews.com at February 10, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.