Latest: The opening of America’s controversial embassy in Jerusalem has spurred the deadliest day in Gaza since a devastating 2014 cross-border war.Israeli soldiers shot and killed at least 52 Palestinians and left another 1,200 injured during mass protests along the Gaza border, health officials have said.The violent clashes cast a shadow over the inauguration of the new US embassy in Jerusalem and raised new doubts about Mr Trump’s ambitions to broker what he once said would be the Middle East “deal of the century”.While the US President did not attend the opening, his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner attended the ceremony and delivered on “a longtime promise to the American and Israeli people”.Today we dedicated the new #USEmbassyJerusalem, a longtime promise to the American & Israeli people. As Jared shared today “While many Presidents before him have backed down from their pledge… this President delivered. Because when President Trump makes a promise, he keeps it.” pic.twitter.com/4iNdozAiRF— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) May 14, 2018 The protests are reported to be ending but it is expected that the protests will resume tomorrow.Protests now quiet ending for the day – Organisers called people back. New protests expected tomorrow— Joe (@joedyke) May 14,… Read full this story
- 5 best British Opens played at Muirfield
- 74 killed in clashes after Egypt match
- Police shoot, kill 2 protesters in Egypt
- Tillman’s memory sparks action, not words
- Police: 2 ex-Auburn players killed
- Confused? Opening ceremony explained
- Lynx rally in second half to defeat Sparks
- At least 27 killed in Egypt riot
- Soccer deaths spark new Egypt protests
- No. 7 Tennessee 73, Auburn 52
- Will win over B’s spark Flyers?
- Lehman recalls near-misses in Open
52 killed and 1,200 wounded as opening of US embassy in Jerusalem sparks deadliest day since 2014 have 267 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.