Google Drive is the core of many aspects of G Suite for Education. There are lots of little features of Google Drive that are often overlooked by new users. If you’re new to using Google Drive take a look at these five features that can help you save time and otherwise improve your Google Drive experience.
Change the Layout of Your Google Drive Dashboard
There are two layouts that you can apply to your Google Drive dashboard. You can use either the material view (the layout that has files arranged in tiles) or the linear view. I prefer the linear view that puts all of my files and folders in a list. Watch this video to see how to change the layout in your Google Drive dashboard.
Disable Email Notifications
If you end up sharing files and folders with a lot of people, you could end up getting an overwhelming volume of notification emails. You can disable those notifications rather easily. Here’s how to disable email notifications in Google Drive.
Create Shared Google Drive Folders
Do you have a bunch of documents and slideshows that you want to share with a colleague? Put those files in one folder and share it. Here’s how you can create and share a Google Drive folder.
Share Videos Through Google Drive
You can store just about anything in your Google Drive including videos. In fact, Google Drive offers a great way to share videos without having to upload them to a video sharing site. Here’s how to share videos through Google Drive.
Automatic File Conversion
If you’re transitioning to G Suite for Education there is a good chance that you have a lot of older Word and PowerPoint files that you’ll still want to use. You can have those files automatically converted to Google Docs and Slides format when you upload them to Google Drive. Watch the following video to learn how to have files automatically converted to Google Docs format when you upload them to Google Drive.
Learn more about Google Drive and G Suite for Education in my upcoming course, Getting Going With G Suite.
- The best Google Home tips, tricks, and Easter eggs to try
- Which apps help employees most? 3 tips for growing businesses
- Google I/O 2019: Here’s everything we saw, from Android Q to midrange Pixels
- Be at your most productive with these Slack tips and tricks
- 19 tips, tricks and shortcuts to help you conquer Mac OS Yosemite
- Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL review: more than the sum of its sensors
- Google Stadia release date, price and games
- Google I/O 2019 Keynote Highlights: The Pixel 3a phones are here
- How to Get Mountain Lion's Best New Features on Windows
- Getting Search Engines to Like You: How to Drive Traffic To Your Blog
- 7 Tips For Using Multiple Hard Drives With Windows
- 10 Tricks to Make Yourself a Chromebook Master