In a recent callout, hundreds of BuzzFeed readers submitted responses about what their reading lives were like in 2020. Here are 42 books that helped people get through the year. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller Publisher’s blurb: Madeline Miller’s unique retelling of the legend of Achilles and the Trojan War is a tale of gods, kings, immortal fame, and the human heart. (Ecco)”I had been saving Madeline Miller’s The Song of Achilles to pull me out of my slump. I loved Circe so much and just knew this book would work like medicine when I needed it. Sure enough, I couldn’t put it down, and that was such a welcome change of pace.” —Sarah Jean Grimm”The Song of Achilles was the pure escapism I needed, with beautiful writing and story. It led me to The Iliad and now I’m working my way through The Odyssey. It’s comforting to know that we have always been dealing with plague and war and losing loved ones.” —Lauren Farris”It is one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever read and it was just really moving and meaningful during an otherwise pretty shitty month.” —Katelyn The Dread Nation series by Justina Ireland Publisher’s… Read full this story
- Mindfulness 'may help people at risk of Alzheimer's from getting the memory-robbing disorder by boosting their cognitive reserve'
- Police Go Above And Beyond To Help Missing 85-Year-Old York Woman Found In Elizabeth Borough
- Trumbull recipe book helps residents share meals and memories
- Can converted buses help people find a route out of homelessness?
- AI may help people with disabilities on the job front, says report
- Volunteers help people released from immigration detention
- Classic of the month: The Alfie Books by Shirley Hughes
- NHS nurse, 42, dies in a freak accident after slipping in the shower and hitting her head before her horrified fiance found her body
- Designer, 24, shares her agonising battle with anorexia that saw her weight plunge to a potentially deadly 42 kilos - and the moment she dragged herself from the abyss
- Book People collapse plunges small publisher Galley Beggar into crisis
- Book World: C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels talks 'The Rise of Skywalker,' his new memoir and four decades of Star Wars
- How art helped me see the beauty in loneliness
42 Books That Helped People Get Through This Garbage Year have 376 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.