In California , 12% of adults say they will not get vaccinated, according to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research study. When one pairs that with the roughly 16% of the population under 13 years old who cannot get the vaccine and also those adults who are ineligible due to health issues, it seems about 25% of the state's population may not get vaccinated any time soon. That's a troubling prospect, since most infectious disease experts put herd immunity at between 70% and 85% of the population being vaccinated. If 25% will not get vaccinated, then the ceiling for vaccinations in the state is already on the low end of that projected range. Newsom has been asked every day this week about surging Covid numbers in the state and the possibility for renewed restrictions. His answers has been uniform. He has stressed the state has no plans for new restrictions, proposing the following instead: "Get vaccinated. We can end this thing quickly. If everybody got vaccinated we could end this thing in a month or so." State officials also pointed out that, for the week of July 7-14, the average case rate among unvaccinated Californians is 13 per 100,000 and… Read full this story
- With a sniff or a swallow, new vaccines aim to put the brakes on Covid-19 spread
- New Vaccines Aim To Put The Brakes On Covid-19 Spread
- Newsom declares statewide monkeypox emergency in California
- New COVID Vaccines Will be Ready This Fall. America Won’t.
- Demand for monkeypox vaccine rises with case counts, but supply remains low
- The 4 risks of taking common painkillers – from killer emergencies to debilitating pain
- Dementia: The common vitamin deficiency associated with a more than 50% higher risk
- In race for monkeypox vaccines, experts see repeat of COVID-19
- Here's how to get your fourth shot of the COVID vaccine in Queensland
- Monkeypox vaccine should be given to gay community first, experts say
- Victorians without a third vaccine dose loom large among the state's COVID-19 deaths
- In race for monkeypox vaccines, experts noticing a repeat of COVID
25% Of Californians May Not Get Vaccinated, Says Study; Puts Newsom’s Victory By Vaccination Strategy At Risk have 329 words, post on deadline.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.