CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – Police in North Carolina have arrested two teenagers who they say shot at officers responding to a call. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say in a news release that the officers were fired at by two suspects who themselves had been shot at by a woman last month. That shooting stemmed from what investigators described was a dispute over a designer belt after people had used rocks to break windows at a home. The officers didn’t return fire. The suspects were identified as 18-year-old Jamari Xavier Young and 18-year-old Chris’Tavious Xaviour Caldwell. They’re each charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon on a law enforcement officer and shooting into occupied property. Authorities say the investigation is continuing and more charges are forthcoming. Sign up for Daily Newsletters Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.
- Sherrod Brown: Teenager killed in Columbus police shooting 'should be alive right now'
- Chicago prosecutors allege Adam Toledo, 13, had a gun when he was shot by police: reports
- NYPD Chief Rodney Harrison Discusses Police Reform, Protests, Hate Crimes, Gun Violence And More With CBS2’s Maurice DuBois
- Teen Given 19 Years To Life For Setting Mattress Fire That Killed Cop In Coney Island
- Four men charged after 'three teenagers shot in targeted village shotgun attack'
- Chicago releases graphic video of police shooting 13-year-old
- Video From Police Shooting That Killed Adam Toledo To Be Released On Thursday, COPA Says
- In Chicago, Outrage and Grief Over Police Shooting of Boy
- People Gather In Downtown Miami To Protest Deadly Police Shooting Of Ma’Khia Bryant
- Kiesean Brown Arrested In McKeesport Shooting That Injured Teen
- Derek Chauvin Trial, March 31 Live Updates: Body Camera Footage From All 4 Officers Shown
- Chicago releases video of fatal police shooting of 13-year-old boy
2 teenagers arrested after shots fired at police officers have 281 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.