NEW COLUMBIA, Pa. (AP) — A section of Interstate 80 remained closed Thursday in central Pennsylvania hours after a multi-vehicle wreck in snow squalls left two people dead and dozens injured. Westbound traffic was being diverted Thursday while tow trucks worked to remove 15 to 20 cars and trucks. The crash was reported at about 1 p.m. Wednesday on I-80 in White Deer Township as blinding snow made the highway slick. state transportation officials said. Union County’s coroner confirmed a fatality and the Montour County coroner said a second person died at a hospital. No names have been released. Evangelical Community Hospital in Lewisburg reported receiving 37 patients. At least three were transferred to other facilities. Another 21 people who weren’t patients were housed at the hospital and a family center was set up at a hotel. Geisinger Medical Center said it had received nine patients, including three from other facilities, but no conditions were immediately available. The interstate was closed for 34 miles in both directions until eastbound lanes reopened five hours later. Westbound traffic was being detoured along I-180 and Route 220.
- Cougar that caused a stir in Mountain View killed on I-280
- A 27-Year-Old Black Man Was Shot And Killed By Police After They Found Him Asleep In A Car At A Wendy's
- Civil unrest flares in U.S. cities over Minneapolis killing
- The Most F*cked-up Fourth of July Special Ever
- Tropical Storm Cristobal makes landfall over Louisiana, packing strong winds and rain
- NY cops blame Bill de Blasio for 140 per cent spike in gun violence and say he has 'surrendered' - as shootings surge across US over July 4th weekend and Donald Trump warns he's ready to intervene
- George Floyd protests: Oakland protesters take over I-880, San Jose police deploy tear gas, fire rubber bullets
- Killer sentenced to life in prison in 1980 Colorado cold case solved with DNA
- ***Live Updates*** George Floyd Protests Rage in Minnesota
- Protests, some violent, spread in wake of George Floyd death
2 killed, dozens hurt, in snow squall wreck on interstate have 318 words, post on apnews.com at December 19, 2019. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.