Next Divya Nair Did you know that lying on your CV, sleeping on job and turning up drunk to work could be some of the reasons why you could be sacked? Read on to know the top 17 reasons why you could lose your job. Illustrations by Uttam Ghosh A recent survey conducted by Tribe HR, a Human Resources software company revealed 13 reasons why an employee could be fired from his/her job. These included poor performance, complaining about your boss, being drunk, unauthorised surfing of the Internet, refusing to follow orders or directions, sexually harassing your co-worker, engaging in gossip, office politics, sleeping on job, getting caught lying or stealing, absenteeism, lying on your resume and bringing your personal problems to work. According to Rajesh Tripathy , global HR strategic leader and founder of Cflex Consulting, Delhi some of the common reasons why employees are given the pink slip are due to “internal politics in organisations, poor individual performance and also overall performance of the organisation, (which may not be directly related to the individual).” While saying so, Tripathy also sympathises with employees who find themselves at the short end of the stick for no fault of theirs and why… Read full this story
- Interviews - Get That Job! 15 Tips To Supercharge Your Interview Technique
- Are You Tired of Fighting and Losing the Battle Against that One Thing?
- Win By A Nose, Lose By A Nose
- Are You An Experimental Lab Rat?
- Your Eight Hormones and Weight Loss
- Life Is About Taking
- Suicide in the Church, Part 3
- Trust is Prosperity
- The Financial Lessons of Hurricane Katrina
- Diabetes and Depression: Can Hypnosis Help?
- Spirited Intelligent Emotions
- Lessons for Life Love
17 reasons why you could LOSE your job have 271 words, post on www.rediff.com at December 26, 2011. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.