Rescue workers gather at the site of a metro train accident after an overpass for a metro partially collapsed in Mexico City on May 3, 2021. At least 13 people were killed and dozens injured in a metro train accident in the Mexican capital on May 3, the authorities said. AFP/VNA Photo MEXICO CITY An elevated metro line collapsed in the Mexican capital on Monday, leaving at least 15 people dead and dozens injured as a passing train came crashing down, authorities said. Security camera footage broadcast by local media showed the carriages plunging towards the ground in the south of the city. “So far we have 15 people who unfortunately lost their lives,” Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum told reporters at the scene. The city’s civil defense department said on Twitter that around 70 others were injured in the dramatic accident. Dozens of emergency workers were seen trying to rescue victims from the carriages. But the work later had to be suspended because of fears the wreckage was too unstable. “For now the rescue has been suspended because the train is very weak. A crane is coming to continue” the work, Sheinbaum said. Part of the train was hanging… Read full this story
- Fears grow as coronavirus bears down on Mexico City
- Man with the golden gun: Mexican cops seize personalized gold-plated AR-15 assault rifle as they arrest 'boss' of feared 'Las Bigotonas' gang
- In Mexico, one of world's biggest food markets stirs unease about infections
- 4 Killed in Metro-North Train Derailment [Updated]
- Four detained to serve investigation of deadly wall collapse in Dong Nai
- Covid-19 bodies lie in streets of Ecuadorian city as death toll in Latin America passes 15,000 with peak ‘yet to come’
- JetBlue’s Founder Helped Fund A Stanford Study That Said The Coronavirus Wasn’t That Deadly
- Tourists enter reopened Grand Canyon despite virus concerns
- Diane Kruger jokes Norman Reedus 'didn't understand the concept'... after he stocks up on a large box of potatoes for coronavirus lockdown
- Where are the bodies? Missing remains mean no peace for grieving families in Ecuador
- Athletic directors agree on potential timeline to start football
- Reopening Hollywood: Will Prohibitive Insurance Hobble Production Restart & Will Government Have To Step In?
15 dead, dozens hurt as elevated metro collapses in Mexico have 355 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.