Editor's note: Due to possible event changes or cancellations due to COVID-19 and the delta variant, please check the event organizer's website as well as the state of Colorado's guidance at covid19.colorado.gov . As we watch the summer skies fill with haze from wildfires in the West, it's easy to find ourselves dreaming of cool, crisp autumn days. Leaf-peeping aspens, German beer tastings and sweater weather are just around the corner. Fall in Colorado is a vibrant season. Family-friendly weekends without sweltering; food and wine fests; the milder temperatures of the great outdoors; markets with handmade artisanal goods; and Oktoberfest are among some of the things to anticipate as August comes to an end. Fun fact: Most Oktoberfests take place in September. The German festival was less beer-centric and instead celebrated the matrimony of Prince Regent Ludwig of Bavaria and Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. Today, Oktoberfest is a worldwide celebration, and Colorado is home to a few of them. From stein-hoisting competitions to mountain festivals, here are some fall events happening in and near Denver to add to your calendar, listed by dates. Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival This year marks the 45th anniversary of the Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Highland… Read full this story
- Your guide to top fall festivals around metro Phoenix
- Losers only! Don't fall for sweepstakes checks scam
- 10 insanely affordable destinations for fall 2017
- Is Great American Beer Festival still a big deal for the beer world?
- November festivals around metro Phoenix and Arizona
- Fall is peak season for colorful scenery and upstate festivals
- FORM Arcosanti breaks music-festival mold
- 5 debut novelists you won’t want to miss at the L.A. Times Festival of Books
- Celebrate fall at these 11 festivals
- Oconomowoc-Hartland-Dousman-Wales Get-Out Guide: Fall festival fun, costume swap and wiener dog derby
- Fall and winter festivals, fairs and other events in Wisconsin
- Fall films, fairs and festivals in the New York City area
13 fall festivals in and around Denver to check out this fall have 317 words, post on www.denverpost.com at August 20, 2021. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.