After Norway held its parliamentary elections last month , a new coalition government will soon take over running the country. This week, the two coalition parties published a policy statement, which will set the agenda for their term in office, including on a number of IT-related issues. 100Mbps broadband The most visible and concrete technology measure set out in the policy statement is that the new government will work to bring about better broadband for the country. The government said it will aim for all citizens to get access to a 100Mbps connection. A 100Mbps downlink would be a dramatic increase on previous government targets on broadband: the Ministry of Government Administration, Reform and Church Affairs currently defines ‘basic broadband’ — the goal the government has set as the minimum Norwegians should have access to — as 2Mbps download and 250Kbps up. In the policy statement, the new government takes a bigger responsibility for nationwide broadband access than Norway’s previous administration, which left the responsibility for broadband development to the market. “The government must have the ultimate responsibility for access to broadband,” the coalition wrote in the policy statement. Such a development is particularly interesting in rural areas outside of Norway’s more… Read full this story
- Mobile broadband services may be hit as telcos face hurdles in setting up infra
- New jab policy will save MANY lives: Jonathan Van Tam says waiting 12 weeks rather than original three is the best way to save most vulnerable from dying of Covid as first boxes of Oxford vaccine arrive
- Retired doctor slams 'bureaucratic' chaos clogging UK's mass-vaccination rollout as she describes in painstaking detail the red tape she faces to deliver vaccine... but is STILL waiting for start date EIGHT MONTHS after signing up
- UK begins Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine rollout with dialysis patient
- Bringing out the COVID dead: Another body is taken into the morgue in Baltimore over the holidays as the U.S. sets a daily deaths record of 3,744 and new CDC model predicts the pandemic will claim a further 82,000 lives over the next three weeks
- Mayor Bill De Blasio Unveils Plan To Vaccinate 1 Million New Yorkers By End Of January
- Key telecom developments in 2021: Spectrum auction, wired broadband and 5G launch
- Coronavirus RECAP: MPs debate national lockdown hours after new rules came in
- The mind-blowing numbers of Britain’s historic Covid vaccination rollout from 730 open sites and £12bn cost to 357m jabs
- Oxford Covid vaccine approved with rollout from Monday - all you need to know
- All UK adults will be able to get Covid vaccine - but priority order is 'exactly the same'
- Corporate Boards Will Get More Diverse In 2021 With Social Justice Jolt, New Regs, Covid Impact
100Mbps broadband and easier fibre rollouts: Norway's new coalition sets out its IT priorities have 437 words, post on www.zdnet.com at October 10, 2013. This is cached page on Konitono. If you want remove this page, please contact us.